Thursday, May 31, 2012

TCS10K

Ran 10K race. Couldn't match the practice time. Run wasn't smooth as I had expected. Didn't carry water and got dehydrated in first couple of Kms itself. It was inspiration to watch a ~70yr old man running far better than me, who finished just behind me. Have to get few things right before next race 

- Diet on race day (had 3 bananas felt heavy during race)
- Proper footwear (tried close to bare foot didn't go well)
- Good music collection (not assembled just 1hr before race)
- Water intake during race (carry water or decide pattern)

Next Aim is HM.

8 comments:

Vishwajeet Dangat said...

What footwear?

nkhlss said...

Yet to decide. May be Nike free run.
People are getting back to barefoot though these days

Vishwajeet Dangat said...

barefoot kinda footwear I m told, not bear foot*? wht did u wear in this 1?

nkhlss said...

Yes people do run barefoot. I have seen ppl running barefoot (not even minimalistic protection).
For this one I used my puma which has a tiny, thin, even sole, just good enough to protect from ground.
My feet are still sore. Considering my weight i doubt if barefoot is good for me

Vishwajeet Dangat said...

ok ,must try that sometime.

gayatree oak said...

good to know about this..

Unknown said...

baerfoot running hummm..... i still remember my shivaji park vayam-mandir days..... we did all running and exercise barefoot. nice old days ..

ruzzel01 said...

Will definitely try that.

salt lake security systems

Post a Comment