Sunday, December 20, 2009

God give me some motivation to write...

Huhhh..... it's been a while since i wrote. Things have changed around me. I am some what settled into my job (enough know my way to office), my room is looking familiarly messy now, got back to IIT D schedule of late nights and late mornings, started cooking a bit and very very unlikely but started reading a little apart from playing dumb facebook games.

I missed going home on Diwali due to some work at office. But I went to Mumbai, Delhi and Ambala later week. Though the trip was a short one, had a great time. Kunal's marriage was nice and fun experience. Mumbai to Ambala 26 hrs train journey was the icing on the cake. My 2 years in Delhi made me fall in love with trains, but my 5 months into the job has made me forget about the trains due to the shortage of time. Though I hate flights even more these days largely due to distance between Bangalore Airport and the city, it takes as much time from any part of the city to the airport as your total flight duration. I love roadways and railways, and will start exploring soon.

I spent couple of days at Delhi. Its was like going home, nice and cold. Places like def col, SDA market, Green Park, GK2, Priya's got back old memories, still i felt a void "Places were there but people were missing".

Not to forget i participated in Great Delhi run. 41 mins for 7 km not a bad effort after all. This was my first experience of marathon, never though i would be able to complete such long distance, but watching people around you running helps you motivate yourself. Also my regular workout at gym helped me build some stamina.

We had a "Showcase" event here at Yahoo! last month. Showcase provides a platform to present your work and achievements throughout the year. Though it sounds serious but it's a fun event. Our team won the best team award, yay! Our theme was "Avolution", which is Evolution of advertisements. And i got opportunity to revisit my paining, "acting" and "singing" skills. Showcase'09 Pics.

I am reading a bit these days. Started with "Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini, a good book, i enjoyed reading, nice writing style (i wish i could had it). Then hurried my self through "2 States" by Chetan Bhagat, it is good in patches where the writer is sarcastically funny, a totally masala bollywood book. Still it was a decent book to read on the move. And currently i am into "Angles and Demons" by Dan Brown, the movie was good but half way through i was told the suspense of story :(, i am amazed by Dan Brown's intelligence. Open to suggestions (any language, kannada most preferred).

These days i am becoming a regular face at super markets around. Started cooking on weekends (depends on mood and level of laziness). Cooking is fun (only if you manage to convince your self and other that what you have cooked is tasty :) ).

I was never a fan of long posts. Being regular will make me keep it short.

8 comments:

Siddhesh said...

So what do u cook mate?

Vishwajeet Dangat said...

@ sid he cooks stories about cooking!

nkhlss said...

well i m good at sandwiches, can cook potato vegie (different styles), omlet, poha, milk, maggie, tea, coffee, oats. I use out sourced breads.
not good at cooking, but can cook edible stuff
wel just cook for TP, dont have much to do on weekends :(

@G2 The grapes are sour!

Siddhesh said...

Hahahaha....

Nikhil said...

@g2, gud 1..
@niks, lol

Vishwajeet Dangat said...

@ Nik 'grapes are sour'???wrong usage again!do I and gaytree have to teach you this phrase also now! damn it Nik..your english is way worse than we both think!you need to work harder on phone! :P

Siddhesh said...

Arey Sawant, aaj Jeetu ne hi phrase shikali!!! (remember those good old days at Shastri Hall)

nkhlss said...

yes u r right! :D haven't seen much difference in him since then!

Post a Comment