Saturday, December 26, 2009

It's the Chrismas time*

So the Christmas is back like a year after another, but this Christmas seems more merrier. What happens when working for US based MNCs is that you become more aware of the western festivals like Thanks giving day, winter festivals, etc. Most of us are already aware and celebrate few of them like Christmas, New year's eve, Valentines day and so on. After all this, I still love Indian festivals more because they outclass their western counterparts firstly in terms of shear number and then values, variety, culture and countless other things subsequently.

The reason why this Christmas seems merrier to me is because its a world wide Yahoo! shutdown. which leaves me with no office for next 10 days. Wow 10 complete days of laziness. I'm surely gonna catch on some much needed sleep, already making progress on that front. What this 10 days bring to me? Time and loads of it! A much needed entity for me.

It's time for me to look back at the year, It's time to plan my coming year, It's time to think! I would like to give it a check on what i did this year as it has been year of extreme ups and downs, the year when i was questioned the most both professionally and personally. Some relations got stronger, some weaken, time to reason it out. The year which grown the pressure of responsibility and expectation exponentially.

Apart from the serious stuff it's time to catch some movies, some Boxing Day cricket action. Complete A&D which has become no less than a chewing gum. It's time to roam in and around Bangalore, already mapping Mysore and Coorg plans. My hunt for new hangouts has just begun. Most important of all investments and Tax planning that too for the first time :( And last but not the least infact "list" of my new year resolutions, believe me guys it's already looking cluttered there.

PS - Starting to Count my sins for year 2009 as soon as i finish.

5 comments:

Siddhesh said...

Did u see Watson's dismissal??

nkhlss said...

:) courtesy YouTube

aditi said...

Very nice and wholesome post.
I personally also enjoy of the western festivals a lot...I feel that it basically depends on childhood memories associated with a particular occasion...we try to recreate that constancy to get a feeling of security.

nkhlss said...

@aditi hmmm... i m more into indian festivals, they are so colorful, so different (and so many), i agree that it depends on childhood memories...

talking abt childhood memories, wow they are so amazing, so sweet, so true, so tempting to take us back in those days

aditi said...

Reply[Nikhil]
In festivals I feel more , the merrier!
Childhood is like a beautiful time capsule:)

Post a Comment